The goal of MAF’s Health Ministry Department is to meet people’s needs in a practical way by showing God’s love and compassion. It exists to cooperate in the ministry of making man whole in his physical, mental, spiritual and social dimensions – offering resources, skills development and coordination of services by continuing health education and personal wellness opportunities to her congregation, sister churches and extended community.
Health Ministry currently provides the following functions for the church and community:
- Serves as a resource for information and counsel on health and temperance through our health team.
- Promotes healthy lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, Sabbath services, health nuggets, and monthly health talks.
- Provides through health fairs, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the church and community concerning the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances.
- Sponsors and/or organizes annual health initiatives to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote awareness on childhood obesity.
- Promotes and/or sponsors local and church wide health and temperance seminars and workshops.
MAF's Health Ministry serves, educates and empowers our congregation
and community in achieving successful and healthy lifestyle.